"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Of the weekend when I was a kid again

I took the Friday off as I wanted to visit my Maasi and Naani in Meerut and boy was it the best leave I have ever taken!! The day started delightfully as I had SG's company on my bus ride to Meerut and it only got better from then. After a hearty lunch, which was specially prepared for me :) by my Maasi, it was time to relax. A mind-numbingly peaceful half an hour in the sunfed lawn at my Maasi's place felt so great that it brought a tear of joy to my bored-with-the-sight-of-computer-eyes. Pure ecstasy. Not to mention seeing my Naani after nearly 2 yrs was worth the visit alone.

Saturday was equally awesome as me Maasi and cousin went to see Yamla Pagla Deewana (hilarious!!). Guess Sunny Deol can even beat Rajnikanth when it comes to unreal action sequences!!

I was the youngest kid in Meerut, which made me feel wonderful. Guess that is why people need time off from work. To relax and come back happier.

As I got back home on Sunday, something even better was waiting, a game of FOOTBALL!! My first foray onto an actual pitch in nearly 7 months resulted in 3 assists and 4 goals!!

All in all it was a weekend like no other as I felt like a child again. The child who used to love going to Meerut and who used to play everyday during his vacations.

Felt wonderful. Felt delighted. Felt being a kid again. And simply loved it :D


1 comment: