"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Monday, March 14, 2011

Of an eventful weekend

The weekend gone by proved to be one of surprises - some good and some really sad. The earthquake and the resulting tsunami in Japan were undoubtedly the sad ones. But there was some good news as well. I became an uncle for only the second time as NP became a proud Papa of a lovely little girl :D


Surili - 8 days after she was born
Iva - 8  hours after she was born
While Surili was born on 16 hours into second Saturday of February 2010, 'Iva' (or Chawani as her Grandma calls her :)) was born 11 hours into the second Saturday of March 2011 ,i.e., almost exactly 1 year and 1 month later. But the two were born in Gurgaon and Utah, respectively, so one of them will not have Saturday as day of birth :-P


Other than that it was a pretty sad weekend. I also read that Radhika Tanwar was shot dead near Satya Niketan overbridge. It was a kind of scary as I have been at that exact place almost countless times :(

The sad weekend continued into Monday where a terrible interview has me tethering on the brink of a reject from Oxford :( I am praying for a miracle now as that's the only thing that will get me an admit there :(

Japan continues to simmer though and I really hope that they come out of it alive and kicking. #PrayForJapan

PS> It was a reject :(

1 comment: