"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gameday, B'day and The Rainy Day

To say that I have much to write and too little time would be an understatement. So here's a post that should have been here 3 weeks ago :P

I went to see a (American) Football match at USC's stadium - the aptly titled LA Coliseum.. I had gotten a free ticket to the USC v Arizona Univ game from where I work part-time and went for the experience - and what an experience... To say that Americans know how to enjoy a sport would be putting it all too mildly...

To begin with, they didnt seem too interested at getting into the stadium even, simply taking in the atmosphere from outside. But slowly and steadily they began to take seats.. To be honest, I had a horrible time in first half - had no idea about the game and was sitting too far up in the stands (as my complimentary tickets allowed :P) But by the second half I was just a row from the action as I was allowed to make my way down to the student section..

And what atmosphere, or rather Maa-haaul as my roomies would have called it :D. .. Nearly all spectators were in cardinal and/or gold - USC's colors and cheered on by the cheerleaders in front of us were kicking up quite a storm - home support like it should be!!

Something really interesting about the stadium seemed to be a sun deck behind one of the touch down places - the place had been allocated to the USC band, and big-spending ticket holders :P.. The band was in fine form throughout... And so were the cheerleaders and the mascat - the horse Traveller.. Traveller ran around the stadium every time USC did something special..

But the best part was -- coming on TV, TWICE!!! and oh yeah, I was also showed on the GIANT SCREEN  at the stadium when that happened,\... The next week, a couple of people from my part-time job even recognized as the guy on the giant screen - as Furobiker would say, main to star ho gaya :D :D

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, literally dancing in the aisles :D

And a little after that was THE Birthday.. of a close friend my roommates, in a house we frequent even otherwise.. What a party did we have!! Details? Some things are best left unsaid :P

And later that week was my first experience of a rainy day here at USC.. What sublime sublime weather!! The drizzle felt great - everything looked oh so awesome in green... Nothing beats rain as the perfect weather but LA just doesnt get enough of it - As our Prof said that day, "we just had all of LA's monsoon" :P :P
But it was a special rain though.. Towards the evening, news came that Steve Jobs had expired.. It had rained  right across California that day; but hasn't since... Guess the heavens were crying - made for an outstanding weather though..

And sadly, Steve Jobs wasnt the only great guy to die this week. Dennis Ritchie, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and Jagjit Singh have all left for heavenly abode this month.. May their souls rest in peace..

PS> #nowPlaying Hothon se choo lo tum by Jagjit Singh...






3 comments:

  1. Woah!! giant screen..awesome :) so much fun it would be..though I am more interested in the details of the party ;D..BTW American football reminds me of the hilarious Friends episode..Phoebe was awesome in it..hehe! Good you enjoying LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, now that you have seen a game...get along to playing it. Trust me it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CK - Too physical for me yar.. Though I do like the playmaker style role of the quarterback..

    ReplyDelete