"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Transiting from T(SC) to U(SC), and taking three months for it..


T and U are adjacent letters in the English alphabet, however, my job at TSC and my current status as a graduate student at USC are as different environments as possible. The change in a single letter took me a huge three months to complete. But as I flew from Delhi to LA, I couldnt help but look back at the days at my first job.

My year-and-a-half-and-a-week-and-a-half at TSC had been a most memorable experience where I have learnt so much more than I could ever imagine and made such wonderful friends that even my co-travelers on the flight to LA reminded me of them :P The three months have been an interesting time; at times I have felt like I am still an employee at TSC, albeit one without work - and without pay, obviously :p - simply because I have been in such close contact with my friends there that I have felt their presence all around me. Sometimes it has scared me because I wonder if it is unhealthy for me, an opinion that several of friends seemed to have as well, simply because that part of my life has now ended and a new has begun. And yet, I have never been able to do it. In mid-June, I closed my office bank account as a step towards closure - not very successful in attaining closure though. But now that I am here in LA it will finally begin to happen.

But that is no way to say that I want to let go of my friends. They are well and truly all over my thoughts. The memories of my time at office are amazing to say the least. I tried to get them all these presents with me as well but only a few could make it with me across the Pacific (due to airline baggage policy :p)

Some great memories from office


Girl Next Door is one of my favorite movies and I love the part where towards the end when Emile Hirsh's character recounts the three things from high school that "I will always remember...".  For me, TSC was no less than a school - the one that taught me an insane amount about myself. And as I will leave it behind to start a new life, I will be remembering more than just 3 things :P

I'll always remember...

  • AK's smiles
  • GO's thoughts
  • Ze Gang!!
                  The "idhar aa" to AS; and standing at my desk and observing the office 
                  Tech gupshup with RN
                  Talking to PS
  • Wittiness of Furobiker
  • The amazing memorabilia I collected at my office desk
  • Bakar and Calivin and Hobbes with AM
  • NB and SG, and clicking pics of RB :p
  • Discussing movies with SR
  • Working with the MD
  • My baymates - RM and AMa; the emptiness of the bay and later PS
  • 240 
  • Cabbies - esp. RR 
  • Lancedowne and the office parties
And of course, I will remember the fun I could have on weekends - life as an MS student might not give me time for that :p

And other than all this I will remember pretty much everything, on and off :p

Signing Off,
An ex-TSCite and a brand new Trojan :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice...except for one abbreviation, I have understood all :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely written..I like the way you have put T(SC) and U(SC)..Best of luck for a new life in a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as what Aastha said..I like the way you said TSC to USC.. all the best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely written Jaspreet though i dont understand shortforms of names :) and i have no doubt on your memory "u will remember everything" :) allthe best dear! may u get all success and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.. such a cute write up.. u have actually summarised your work life so far on this one page:) God Bless and Gud Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and very touching...good luck buddy and have a ball in the US :)

    ReplyDelete