"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Of Rains and Feeling Sad :(

Fair to say this post left me feeling, well, a little low to say the least :( Looking back at that day I read this post, I'd been enjoying the early monsoon rains from my balcony and quite frankly, loving it :)
After I read this post I started feeling sad and the same rain now came to symbolize the heavens crying with me :( Isnt it weird that the same rain which can offer the most enjoyable expression


can also symbolise the crying in someone's memory who isn't around you anymore.


Its a dichotomy of irony I guess - the rather apt title of my friend's blog to which this post is a reaction.. I would say even Bollywood movies have brought this out - there are countless songs exhibiting a plethora of ideas associated with water and rains - from the overjoyed (Paani re paani tera rang kaisa..) to the sad (Lagi aaj saawan ki phir wo jhadi hai..) to the soulful (Paani paani re..) I guess its our characteristic as humans we feel how we want feel - the external environment can rarely change our innermost emotions - they just blend in and add to the joys or sorrows of our being..

PS> This post is undoubtedly incomplete without this song:



3 comments: