"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you"

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Of RM's engagement and working with the MD

RM got engaged last Friday (1st week of Feb). She was a yr senior to me in college, in my branch too. But that's not how we knew each other. She's the daughter of one my Mom's closest friends. To say I had been looking forward to her engagement would be an understatement. She had personally called me up two weeks prior and asked me to come and its not even as if we interact a lot. It felt great to be invited :)

I had been scared if I would be able to go as I had been assigned a project where the MD would be reviewing the final work. It scared me because the last time that happened I had to work 40 hours out of 60 from Sunday to Tuesday :(. No such problems this time though and the MD seemed happy enough with my work. I think I am enjoying working with MD. Its a great learning experience to be in a meeting with him and pick his brains. And what makes it easier is that I am not expected to know things :) So, no pressure, only learning :D

Going back to the party, it was a full on Punjabi bash with a DJ blaring and Chicken, Mutton and Fish dishes serving :D Unfortunately, all the people of my age at the party were engineers, especially the girls :p . So, all I wanted to do was meet the lovely bride-to-be, who, as is the custom at Indian engagements, showed up 3 hrs after the official time :p The poor groom seemed all too overawed by the proceedings, while RM was totally at ease and enjoying the limelight. I hope RM and her hubby-to-be have a great life ahead :D

An interesting thing at the party was the joke that I was next :) RM is only two years elder to me, precisely to the week too, but I am pretty much a kid to her. So it felt weird to be told by her Mom that a search for a girl for me is already ongoing  :)



1 comment: